Just Back: The Balkans and Latest News
I haven’t had a latest news and updates post in awhile and wanted to share what’s been happening on this end so far. Been quite a busy one in terms of travel and I’m just back from a whirlwind trip through the Balkans which took me through countries I’ve always wanted to experience and explore including Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
Since I had such a short time (roughly two weeks) to explore and cover a lot of ground, I used Busabout to travel through the region cheaply. I’ve got thousands of photos which I’m excited to sort through and start sharing so please watch this space. A lot of the photos will also be going into Nat Geo Creative as well.
From meeting a new friend, Dalida, in Sarajevo, Bosnia to scarfing down flaky meat byrek in Gjirokastër, Albania, I’ve got so many notes, scribbles, and stories to parse through. Plus I was guarding my memory cards like Fort Knox, praying all 10+ made it back safely with me since I didn’t want to be stuck indoors backing up for hours while traveling.
In the meantime, here are the latest pieces from the last three months:
- BBC Travel – Visby: Sweden’s Summertime Haunt
- Fodor’s -10 Tips for Photographing Northern Lightst
- Mashable – Five Ways to Get More Mileage from Smartphone Photos
- National Geographic Traveler Intelligent Travel - Three Reasons to Visit Swedish Lapland
- Plum Deluxe – A Guide to Swedish Interior Design
- Qatar Airways – Insight: Arne Bergh, Artistic Director of ICEHOTEL
- Sweden.se – Music: Eight Reasons Why Sweden Rocks
- National Geographic – Photography collection from Lapland
- Travel Channel – What You Need to Know About Spelunking
Upcoming pieces: ISLANDS Magazine, Women’s Adventure, Roads & Kingdoms.
Slow Travel Stockholm is rolling and I’m looking for contributors – writers and photographers. It was a bit quiet the last two weeks because I was on the road but now I’m back at the desk for awhile (at least until the next trip soon) and have more cool Stockholm content in the pipeline.