I don’t even know where the last months went. They were a blur of assignments, travels, hugging family in between, deadlines, and all-around craziness. Things have flown by so quickly that I haven’t even had enough time to pause and take stock of the publications, awards, speaking engagements, interviews, and projects that have come in.
2019 is coming with a serious overhaul on all fronts and they are all positive (some needed).
I have already picked out my focus word which I will share in January and there are big changes coming to my annual pitching charts as well. I will also be expanding my team and bringing on more virtual staff – rather, independent contractors – and will be announcing four (4) new positions in January.
In the meantime, I wanted to share a very quick update on what I am/was working on.
- Got back from an amazing assignment and collaboration with Intrepid Travel and will be sharing more on that partnership soon. We’ve got cool things in the works together!
- Just got back from a whirlwind assignment that took me to Swedish Lapland and Sápmi to explore and photograph some elements of Sámi culture for a cover story.
- I am writing a digital book on wellness in the Costa Brava region of Spain and I just got back from the first of two trips exploring some amazing spa and relaxation experiences in the region. I am currently wrapping up editing all those photos.
- I am deep into writing a new book – this time it’s fiction and I’m so excited about it! You can read a synopsis of it here.
- I will be announcing two new exciting partnerships soon in January 2019 – all great fits.
I’ve probably forgotten to list some but here are the ones that pop right into mind:
- If you’re flying Korean Air this month, I’ve got a large feature on Jordan in their in-flight magazine.
- I wrote about what home means to me for Modern Adventure.
- My latest pieces for Adventure Magazine cover the amazing women of Panauti, Nepal, and why it’s important to just let some shots go as a photographer.
- For Norwegian Airlines, I wrote about the brief history of slow.
- And for Silversea Cruises, I demystified the slow travel movement.
- My travel book, DUE NORTH, picked up the Gold Award (!!) for best travel book in the prestigious SATW Lowell Thomas Awards.
- I was a finalist in the everywoman in Travel “International Inspiration” category.
- I am also a finalist in the Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) awards
I am currently winding down and punting out a couple deadlines before the end of the year, so I can take a solid two weeks offline. So, I’ll be back soon.
As always, thanks so much for your continued support and love!